Saturday 7 May 2011

Paris Hilton "Paris Hilton" fragrance review


Type: Eau de parfum
Size: 50ml

Paris Hilton is the first fragrance from the American heiress Paris Hilton. It was released in 2004 and was infact the first celebrity fragrance I owned. It is probably for this reason that I don't wear this one so often anymore and find it a little boring, but I have no doubt this is simply because I have worn it so often that I have, like so many people do with fragrances, got used to the scent and find it too familiar to be one of my favourites. However, the perfume still remains incredibly interesting, especially for a celebrity fragrance, and perfectly wearable and pleasant.  

The Bottle: I find Paris Hilton's bottles to be overall unremarkable when compared to some of the celebrity fragrances (such as Britney and J-lo, to name a few). It is tall and slender in a pink-tinted bottle with black wavy lines going down vertically. It is not the best or worst bottle I have seen, and I guess the pink colour is pretty enough, attracting the typical 15-25 year olds to the fragrance counter.

The Fragrance: Like I said, incredibly interesting for a celebrity fragrance. The pink bottle should alert you to the overall theme, if you like, of the fragrance. It is sweet. Not as sweet, however, as one may except from Ms Hilton. It is nowhere near as sweet as say, Britney Spears Fantasy, or even as sweet as her later fragrances Heiress and CanCan. But it is a very girly scent. The opening notes include frozen apple and peace nectar which give the first initial blast typical of a celebrity fragrance. However, after a few minutes the blast dries down to make room for powdery florals: freesia and jasmine. The florals are dominant in the heart of the fragrance, with sweet undertones balancing out the flowers. I personally also smell slightly peppery spice in the middle notes. This is what makes the fragrance so interesting. The fragrance lasts absolutely ages, with the base of skin musk and sandalwood not coming in for hours. The dry down is drawn out and heavy.

Strength: Like I mentioned, this is a very long lasting fragrance. Probably longer than any other of my celebrity fragrances. Lasting between 6 and 8 hours in total.

Verdict: Not your typical celebrity fragrance, and considering it is coming from Paris Hilton, I think most people may be pleasantly surprised by this number! Moderately sweet, with a blend of subtle fruit and powdery florals with a dark peppery undertone. A long-lasting and girly fragrance!

Rating: 5 (and a half) out of 10 

No comments:

Post a Comment